Thank you to everyone who voted for Village Eyecare as the best eyecare facility in Gloucester County! We are excited to receive this recognition.
Here at Village Eyecare we have implemented some new protocols to ensure the highest sanitization standards are met when patients come to our office. Our new protocols have been developed based on the guidelines of the CDC (Center for Disease Control), the DOF (Department of Health), and the AOA (American Optometric Association). Our new safety measures are detailed below:
1. Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19, living with someone who has symptoms, has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who has traveled outside of US within the last 14 days cannot be scheduled for an examination.
2. Hand sanitizer will be available at the foyer and must be used by anyone entering the office.
3. Hand sanitizer will be available in the hallways before entering the restroom and examination rooms.
4. Anyone entering the office over age 10, including patients and guardians, must wear a mask.
5. All patients and guardians will have their temperatures taken and asked a COVID-19 questionnaire at check in. Individuals with a fever over 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave the office immediately for a period of 14 days.
6. Social distancing will be implemented in the reception area and optical. Patients must come to their appointments alone unless they are a minor (18 or younger) or cannot physically attend the appointment unattended. Those who are not being examined (or accompanying a patient being examined as in the aforementioned scenarios), or selecting eyewear, will be asked to remain outside of the office.
7. Dilation with eye drops will be done based on the doctor’s discretion in attempt to limit the proximity of the doctor to the patient. In addition, protective shields are utlized in the examination rooms between the patient and doctor.
8. Our office will continue to mail all contact lenses to patients’ homes to limit the number of individuals in the office at once.
9. Infection control procedures will be updated and posted. Procedures include disinfecting touch points such as eyeglass frames, counter tops, chairs and examination equipment at the beginning of day, in between patients, and at the end of the day.
10. All doctors and staff will always wear masks and/or face shields. All Village Eyecare employees will be screened for COVID-19 and have their temperatures recorded twice a day. Those who display a fever of 100.4 or higher, will be asked to leave the office immediately for a period of 14 days.
We realize these changes will greatly affect all of you as patients and we appreciate your cooperation in navigating through these changes. Our goal is to keep our doctors, staff and patients as safe as possible, while still providing the highest quality care. Moving forward, we are excited to be back in the office and seeing all of you again.
Village Eyecare has been selected the Best Eyecare Facility in Gloucester County for 2019!